W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > March 2010

Minutes, 15 March 2010 SVG telcon

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:54:01 +0100
Message-ID: <610332680.20100315215401@w3.org>
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hello www-svg,

Minutes are at http://www.w3.org/2010/03/15-svg-minutes.html

and below as text for bots.

                   SVG Working Group Teleconference

15 Mar 2010

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2010/03/15-svg-irc

Attendees

   Present
   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          ChrisL

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]publications
         2. [5]1.1SE testsuite
         3. [6]TPAC
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 15 March 2010

   <trackbot> Meeting: SVG Working Group Teleconference

   <trackbot> Date: 15 March 2010

   <scribe> ScribeNick: ChrisL

publications

   Resolved: publish colour module

   Resolved: publish filters module

   (discussion of heartbeat requirement)

   Anthony: didn't we resolve to publish compositing?

   Chris: yes

   Anthony: May be waiting on some changes to be edited in ... will
   check

   <ed> [8]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/filters/publish/SVGFilter.html
   looks ok

      [8] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/filters/publish/SVGFilter.html

   Erik: filter module is ready to go, langauge spec only not
   requirments or primer

   Chis: Recall having some issues for colour with the master to
   publish script and the xml file

   Erik: Filters looks a lot better than the last one we published

   Chris: Pubrules requires html validity, css validity and broken
   links checks

   Erik: Changebar stuff removed, points to cvs logs for changes

   Chris: 1.1SE?

   Erik: testsuite needs some tweaks before its ready to go

1.1SE testsuite

   <ed> [9]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Test_Suite_1.1F2

      [9] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Test_Suite_1.1F2

   Anthony: I did a bunch of updates, sent mail

   Erik: Remember to update the wiki

   Chris: fontforge crashes part way through writing the svg file. Will
   see if one with hebrew glyphs can be made

   <scribe> ACTION: Chris to make an svg font with latin and hebrew
   glyphs [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/15-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2741 - Make an svg font with latin and
   hebrew glyphs [on Chris Lilley - due 2010-03-22].

   Erik: text-tspan-01-b needs a bold sans serif, could change to serif

   <scribe> ACTION: Chris to make bold and italic faces of an svg font
   in sans-serif (latin) [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/15-svg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2742 - Make bold and italic faces of an
   svg font in sans-serif (latin) [on Chris Lilley - due 2010-03-22].

   'Erik: did a bunch of tests, image patches, need some fonts and
   image patches rendered

   Erik: recent Mac issue with Batik, no local TT fonts used at all!
   ... replaced with SVG fonts, then it worked
   ... on Mac only, works ok on Linux

   Chris: a few tests need thinks like Chinese, Japanese etc
   ... need to find free ones that can be converted to svg fonts

   Erik: also need to add good pass criteria (some are vague). Apart
   from that its ok

   Chris: Are we punblishing the whole 1.1SE testsuite, or just the
   errata ones

   Erik: All of them. Some new ones added since last publication
   ... adding good pass criteria could take some time

   Chris: Would like to make a supplementary harness for just the
   errata tests

   Anthony: edit a local copy of publishtests.txt
   ... in scripts directory

   <anthony> f11_published_tests.txt

   Chris OK I will do that and link that harness to the implementation
   report

   <scribe> ACTION: Chris to make a harness version of the 1.1SE errata
   tests and link to imp report [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/15-svg-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2743 - Make a harness version of the 1.1SE
   errata tests and link to imp report [on Chris Lilley - due
   2010-03-22].

TPAC

   Erik: we need to respond

   <scribe> ACTION: Erik respond to TPAC survey. [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/15-svg-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2744 - Respond to TPAC survey. [on Erik
   Dahlström - due 2010-03-22].

   Attendance: Chris, Anthony, probably JWatt, Erik for now

   (we guess about 10 attendees)

   Chris: Ask to be on differnt day to CSS

   Erik: Groups to meet with: CSS, XSL, HTML, WebApps (for DOM)

   <scribe> ACTION: Chris to make registration pages for Brussels and
   Lyon meetings [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/15-svg-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2745 - Make registration pages for
   Brussels and Lyon meetings [on Chris Lilley - due 2010-03-22].

   Erik: sent in the form

   close action-2744

   <trackbot> ACTION-2744 Respond to TPAC survey. closed

   Resolved: Publish compositing once Anthony gives the all-clear

   <ed> <li>The circles must be fully filled by the filter output,
   which should resemble a radial gradient with a white focal point in
   the lower right position (about four o'clock)</li>

   <ed> <li>The rects must be fully filled by the filter output, which
   should resemble a radial gradient with a white focal point in the
   lower right corner.</li>

   <ed> (those are for filters-light-03-f.svg)

   Chris: looks good

   (adjourned to work on more tests)

   [15]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/implementation-repor
   t.html

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/implementation-report.html

   could do with a nightly WebKit test for the errata

   Erik: test chrome and safari separately?
   ... different platform layers and different build dates. Can make
   quite a difference

   (adjourned)

   Erik: Thursday do FX only

   Chris: same time is better for Australians

   Thursday will be at regular time in Europe ansd Australia, so 9pm
   Europe

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Chris to make a harness version of the 1.1SE errata
   tests and link to imp report [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/15-svg-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Chris to make an svg font with latin and hebrew glyphs
   [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/15-svg-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Chris to make bold and italic faces of an svg font in
   sans-serif (latin) [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/15-svg-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Chris to make registration pages for Brussels and Lyon
   meetings [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/15-svg-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Erik respond to TPAC survey. [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/15-svg-minutes.html#action04]

   [End of minutes]


-- 
 Chris Lilley                    mailto:chris@w3.org
 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG
Received on Monday, 15 March 2010 20:54:08 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2013 15:54:44 GMT