invalid references

From: Robert Longson <longsonr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 13:36:09 +0000
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hi,

In the testcase
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20061213/htmlObjectHarness/full-filters-felem-01-b.html
we have the case where the top right filtered circle is not drawn.
This is because the URI for it is in error as it references a node
that does not exist
(http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/struct.html#uriReferenceDefinition). This
goes on to reference
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/implnote.html#ErrorProcessing where it
suggests that an item with a URI reference error is not drawn doesn't
it? So far so good....

In http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/masking-path-08-b.svg
however the clip path in the left hand column, middle row also points
to a URI that does not exist. So why does the test suggest (by
colouring the clipped object green) that the clipped object is drawn?

I would have thought that the object with the non-existent clip path
would not be drawn and the cell should display red.

Best regards

Robert.