Re: Announcement: Last Call WD of SVG 1.1 Second Edition

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 8:43 PM, Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com> wrote:

> I think you'd need to be much more specific about what consitutes a
> "mixed-origin resource".

Yes.

It's probably easier to restrict based on what's loaded from a given
> document, not by what's actually used in that document.

Yes, definitely.

> A suggestion would be to clarify that if an svg:image references an svg
> resource it's treated the same as the raster image case when it comes to
> pointer-events.

And more specifically: there shall be no script execution in the referenced
> resource, and no interactivity inside the resource. Those restrictions are
> outlined in the SVG Integration module[1], and would map to either "Animated
> mode" (if we think animation is ok, like it is for html:img) or "Static
> mode".

Definitely.

> Another solution would be to always treat referenced svg images as in rule
> 1), and define a more advanced security model in a later version of the svg
> spec.

Rule 1 isn't enough. You need rule 2, or something like it, as well.

Rob
53:5-6]