RE: [SVG1.1F2 LC] Comment regarding Text layout

From: Sergey Malkin <sergeym@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:45:35 +0000
To: "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
Alex Danilo wrote:

> If section 10.7 is followed, text chunk assignment happens
> before character->glyph mapping, whilst if section 10.5 is followed,
> text chunk assignment appears to happen after character->glyph mapping
> occurs.

I do not see contradiction. Section 10.7 defines text chunk and restricts ligatures to single text chunk. And 10.5 tells what to do when it is actually formed, it does not say when this can or can't happen.

I think removing x and y from 10.5 description should be enough to resolve potential confusion . By text chunk definition, there will not be x and y values defined for characters other than first anyway.

Thanks,
Sergey