Re: Announcement: Last Call WD of SVG 1.1 Second Edition

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 06:41:16 +0200, Robert O'Callahan
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> A couple of issues I discovered in the filter spec don't seem to have
> been
> addressed yet:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008May/0013.html

Now tracked as ISSUE-2334.

>  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008May/0014.html>

That's a comment on SVG 1.2 filters, and it doesn't seem to apply to SVG
1.1 Second edition.

> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Jun/0007.html

Now tracked as ISSUE-2333.

> There's also an open issue on the interaction between pointer-events,
> filters, foreignObject, cross-origin IFRAMEs and elementFromPoint:
> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2071

As you may see that issue has already been moved to SVG 2.0. It was
believed that it would require substantial changes to the specification,
and as such that it was out of scope for SVG 1.1 second edition.

Cheers
/Erik

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group