W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > June 2010

[www-svg] <none>

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:32:25 +0200
Message-ID: <355135604.20100617173225@w3.org>
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hello www-svg,

Minutes of todays SVG WG call at
http://www.w3.org/2010/06/17-svg-minutes.html

and below as text for bots

                   SVG Working Group Teleconference

17 Jun 2010

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010AprJun/0139.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/06/17-svg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          [IPcaller], ed, ChrisL, +33.9.53.77.aaaa, tbah

   Regrets
          Doug, Anthony

   Chair
          Chris

   Scribe
          Chris

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Telcon times
         2. [6]Publishing SVG 1.1
         3. [7]Test suite progress
         4. [8]mime registration
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 17 June 2010

   <ed> trackbot, start telcon

   <trackbot> Meeting: SVG Working Group Teleconference

   <trackbot> Date: 17 June 2010

   <scribe> Chair: Erik

   <scribe> Scribe: Chris

Telcon times

   ed: suggest 8pm UTC for Tuesday and current time for Thursday
   ... not clear if its ok for doug. jwatt showed that as a good time?

   <ed> [10]http://mcc.id.au/2007/03/telcon/?op=impossible

     [10] http://mcc.id.au/2007/03/telcon/?op=impossible

   tbah: fine for me

   resolved: new telcon time is 8pm UTC Tuesday, and existing time for
   Thursday

   ChrisL: also better for taskforce

   <scribe> ACTION: chris update telcon times booking [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/17-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2798 - Update telcon times booking [on
   Chris Lilley - due 2010-06-24].

Publishing SVG 1.1

   ed: jwatt confirmed ok, erik is ok

   ChrisL: (explains last call, PER etc)

   tbah: also, could the roadmap be updated to give people an idea what
   to look at

   ed: roadmap will be part of new charter
   ... needs patrick to put conclusions from f2f into wiki

   ChrisL: fairly confident doug is ok with last call

   resolved: SVG 1.1SE will go to last call, then PER

   ChrisL: erik please send a status report to HCG
   ... good to have LC finished and PER started by SVG Open

Test suite progress

   ed: saw some tests for PNG, will review

   ChrisL: can update pass criteria for number of images on each row?

   ed: with that change we can approve them

   <scribe> ACTION: erik to review the png tests and generate reference
   images [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/17-svg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2799 - Review the png tests and generate
   reference images [on Erik Dahlström - due 2010-06-24].

   ed; made minor changes to some tests, patrick complained about one
   in the impl report

   svg-dom-01

   ed: ready for review now

   <ed>
   [13]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/svgdom-over-01-f.s
   vg

     [13] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/svgdom-over-01-f.svg

   ed: patrick is waiting for some changes, which are now made

   ChrisL: would be better if Inkscape used the up to date unmodified
   test suite rather than its own fork

   tbah: need to have text rendering that matches the reference image.
   depends on svg font support

   ChrisL: most tests do not depend on svg fonts to pass unless they
   are specifically

   ed: useful to have inkscape to reference some raster images where
   batik fails

   tbah: did this a few years ago

   ed: some opera folks asked for tests to not have text as it messes
   up comparisons

   tbah: maybe limit text to some area?

   chris: could put a class on all annotation text so that with a one
   line stylesheet a set of ref images could be made with only
   essential text

   tbah: inkscape does not support fall back fonts, but does have some
   stylesheet support

   erik: another option is to have an easily modifiable stylesheet to
   hide things as needed for automatic testing. did that for mini
   object harness

   chris: what is that harness?

   ed: its a more compact version than the full harness, just the pass
   criteria
   ... opera qa intersted to see the tests all finished

   [14]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/

     [14] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/

   [15]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test

mime registration

   ChrisL: just updated the registration template to conform to rfc4288

   [16]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/mimereg.html

     [16] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/mimereg.html

   ed: ok, lets send in the registration

   <scribe> ACTION: chris send in the media type registration for
   image/svg+xml [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/17-svg-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2800 - Send in the media type registration
   for image/svg+xml [on Chris Lilley - due 2010-06-24].

   <scribe> ACTION: chris to update cover page of svg1.1se for last
   call [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/17-svg-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2801 - Update cover page of svg1.1se for
   last call [on Chris Lilley - due 2010-06-24].

   so 3 weeks from tues would be 13 July

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: chris send in the media type registration for
   image/svg+xml [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/17-svg-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: chris to update cover page of svg1.1se for last call
   [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/17-svg-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: chris update telcon times booking [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/17-svg-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: erik to review the png tests and generate reference
   images [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/17-svg-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


-- 
 Chris Lilley                    mailto:chris@w3.org
 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG
Received on Thursday, 17 June 2010 15:32:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2013 15:54:45 GMT