Re: Inheritance during SVG Animation of CSS properties -- should "base value" incorporate ancestors' animation effects?

From: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 11:17:27 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
I think, this is simple,  of course, if the inherited property is animated,
than the current value resulting from animations is inherited and therefore
a candidate for the underlying value (if there are no other animations with
higher priorities).

But there are more funny situations with by-animations and inheritance.
For example:
<g fill="url(#myPattern)">
  <set attributeName="fill" to="red" end="click;activate" />
  <circle r="1">
    <animate attributeName="fill" by="blue" dur="99s" begin="1s" />
  </circle>
</g>

Whether this is allowed for authors or not, seems to depend on the question,
when the circle is clicked/activated. If not at all or later than 100s -
no problem, if clicked/activated before, the author is the guilty one to
specify something, that is not allowed according to SMIL ;o)
I think, there is currently no instruction for implementors what to do with
this dubious construction.

Olaf