Re: animate-elem-46-t.svg

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 10:44:45 -0700
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
CC: Robert Longson <longsonr@gmail.com>, www-svg@w3.org, Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
On 06/08/2010 09:54 AM, Daniel Holbert wrote
 > In light of this, RE the "units-not-required" exemption:
 > My understanding is that this exemption applies specifically to SVG's
 > presentational attributes,

Per my more recent response[1] to Olaf's last email, I've now realized
that the units-not-required exemption *does* apply to CSS properties
themselves within SVG, per SVG 1.1 section 4.1.

While this still strikes me as strange, it nonetheless negates the
argument about the syntax in animate-elem-46-t.svg being incorrect.  So, I
no longer think that test should be changed.

Chris: If you have time, I'd still be very interested to hear your
response on the related issues covered in the rest of my last posting to
you, though. (particularly the content below assumption c, regarding
attributeType="XML")

Thanks! :)
~Daniel

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Jun/0114.html