Re: animate-elem-46-t.svg

From: Robert Longson <longsonr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:23:06 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
Cc: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>, Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de
Olaf,

> And note, that the 't' in the name of the file and the doctype indicate,
> that it is a test using the tiny profile.
> And for this profile the value of 'font-size' has never units.

We're concerned with the full profile here.

http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/harness/htmlSVGWeb_local/animate-elem-46-t.html

1.1F2 suggests to me that this is for 1.1 full 2

If not we also have...

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20061213/htmlObjectHarness/full-animate-elem-46-t.html

And they are all the same i.e. neither attributeType="XML" nor units.

> And even for a document using the full profile, one can use units,
> but there is no need to do it in this example - to add 'px' or
> attributeType only  increases the file size with no effect.

We're claiming that the syntax for a CSS property requires units per
the CSS specification but the equivalent XML attribute does not per
the SVG specification so there is a difference.

Best regards

Robert.