Re: SVG Fonts [...]

From: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 13:01:20 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 04:31:51 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> [off list]
>
> On 6/2/10 10:18 PM, Alex Danilo wrote:
>> ASV, Batik, Safari, Chrome, Opera and _all_ shipped (>  700 million)
>> mobile viewers
>> support SVG Fonts.
>
> Not quite.  They support a subset (or rather multiple incompatible
> subsets) of SVG Fonts.

In my experience what's defined in SVG Tiny 1.2 for SVG Fonts is quite
interoperable. And of course there are more implementations that support
SVG Fonts, e.g Inkscape, Illustrator and various other tools.

Basically I don't think there's ground for the statement about "multiple
incompatible subsets".
/Erik

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group