Re: Minutes, SVG WG Brussels f2f day 4 (Monday)

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:20:12 -0400
To: robert@ocallahan.org
CC: Patrick Dengler <patd@microsoft.com>, www-svg@w3.org, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Hi, Robert-

Robert O'Callahan wrote (on 6/2/10 11:46 PM):
>     <AlexD> Are there any tests for HTMl5 parsing conformance?
>
>     pdengler: MSIE 9 hsa no plans for this, its for later. first we need
>     to rationalise and unionise many things
>     ... i could throw out some idea on default inlining SVG... putting
>     an XY coordinateon a div in svg, that wont hold unless you ge tthe
>     other stuff sorted
>     ... we have to nail the union of the 2 specs
>

> Does this mean that Microsoft isn't committed to following the HTML5
> spec for parsing SVG in HTML?

Please recall that since he wasn't there, Alex was typing stuff into IRC
that was not in sync with the verbal conversation, but rather were
non-sequential non-sequitur.

A more accurate reading of the minutes would be:
[[
shepazu: MSIE considered novel syntax...
pdengler: MSIE 9 hsa no plans for this, its for later. first we need to
rationalise and unionise many things
]]

In other words, as I understand it, the IE team does not plan to pursue
parsing beyond that defined in the HTML5 spec, for IE9, and that any
such differences would happen through coordination between the SVG and
HTML WGs.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs