Re: SVG 1.1 Second Edition Last Call Comments

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:08:28 +0200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com>, www-svg@w3.org
On Monday, July 12, 2010, 7:40:55 PM, Boris wrote:

BZ> On 7/12/10 7:08 AM, Chris Lilley wrote:
>> It is. I'm  just checking which edition of ECMAScript is in fact implemented by current implementations

BZ> The answer depends on what you consider "current".

I fact I meant current as "ongoing SVG implementations under active development".

BZ>  For example, for
BZ> Firefox the answer is somewhat different for 3.6 and 4.0 (though both
BZ> are sort of in between 3rd and 5th edition).

Yes, I get the impression that "in between 3rd and 5th edition" is the current state of play generally, with a move towards 5, and so SVG 1.1 SE should reference ES5.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG