Re: Agenda Request: @xlink:href, @href, @src, @data, @target, etc.

Hi Doug,

As an author using SVG, xlink:href has been an irritant to me for
years and years.
That, along with setAttributeNS(null,...) and other namespace clutter
is not needed in probably 99% of applications.

 Those who do require namespaces can easily retro-fit them it into the
document, via SVG 1.2..."Good Practice - Specifications that define
namespaces SHOULD explicitly state their policy with respect to
changes in the names defined in that namespace."

The SVG newbies in the near future will eclipse us oldies by a massive amount.
 If this change were made, I'd gladly go back over previous apps and
update them with href, for their sake. I support any direction that
SVG goes that keeps namespaces "mutable" and nurtures the newbies as
they start their exciting journey into SVG.

Francis