W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > January 2010

Minutes, January 14 2010 SVG WG telcon

From: Anthony Grasso <anthony.grasso@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:14:35 +1100
Message-ID: <4B4F893B.6030802@cisra.canon.com.au>
To: www-svg@w3.org
http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-svg-minutes.html

---

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

14 Jan 2010

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Jan/0041.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           [Microsoft], Shepazu, [IPcaller], ed, anthony, ChrisL

    Regrets
    Chair
           Erik

    Scribe
           anthony

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]brussels f2f
          2. [6]F2F dates
          3. [7]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010Ja
             nMar/0008.html
          4. [8]Update on remaining actions
          5. [9]Remove child in <use> email question
          6. [10]Error Handling
          7. [11]Gradient investigation
          8. [12]css/svg tf
          9. [13]svgwg blog
      * [14]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 14 January 2010

    <ed> PD: may 24 is a holiday

    <ed> ...public holiday, office closed

    <ChrisL> belgium public holidays
    [15]http://www.worldtravelguide.net/country/30/public_holidays/Europ
    e/Belgium.html

      [15] 
http://www.worldtravelguide.net/country/30/public_holidays/Europe/Belgium.html

    <scribe> scribe: anthony

brussels f2f

F2F dates

    DS: I'd like to have a F2F at MS

    PD: Same
    ... except for that Monday

    <ChrisL> 24 May Whit Monday.

    PD: I checked on 24th - 26th

    CL: Take Thursday, Friday
    ... then have the Monday off
    ... so 4 day meeting
    ... but a break in the middle
    ... it's already a 7 day stretch
    ... so we do need a break
    ... then the next meeting after that would be the spill over meeting

    DS: What about having the F2F after LGM

    CL: Might be a bit tired with all those days in a row
    ... could do Tue, Wed
    ... Thur - Sun is LGM
    ... then Monday is spill over meeting
    ... then F2F meeting

    DS: Do you know if we can get in on Monday?

    PD: I can't even get it on Monday

    <ChrisL> so I suggest tues weds 25-25 for meeting, then lgm 27-30,
    joint meeting mon 31, and extra days tues and weds 1-2 june?

    DS: What about meeting at a hotel or the conference venue on Monday
    ... the 24th, then MS Tue - Wed
    ... then the following Monday have the open day

    PD: Just to be clear May 25 - 26

    DS: Have about at the most 10 people

    CL: What about June 1 - 2?

    PD: If rooms are still need and we can't provide space at the office
    ... we can arrange other things

    DS: We have a lot of unfinished work. So we can organise the agenda
    ... so that there are topics we can discuss while PD is around

    AG: DOM Summit dates?

    DS: Still organising dates
    ... we could sneak in a one day web TP
    ... suggested by Fantasai

    <ChrisL> unconference was her suggestion

[16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JanMar/0008.h
tml

      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JanMar/0008.html

Update on remaining actions

    ED: Want to see if anyone wants to take action of JWatt
    ... back porting text

    CL: I'm already moving some stuff
    ... still working on the spec atm

    PD: Is it shifting features back?

    CL: No just clarifications
    ... can't add new features

Remove child in <use> email question

    PD: We weren't sure what the right behaviour was
    ... inconsistent rendering

    DS: If the use is referencing an element and you remove that element
    ... then the use element stays in the DOM
    ... but it doesn't rendering

    PD: Is it helpful for me to say where we find these problems on the
    list?

    DS: Yes please post them to the public list
    ... we can work with the IG to make tests
    ... in some cases these problems are due to ambiguities in the spec
    ... in which case we have to make an errata

    PD: I think in the case of that <use> we were looking at what Safari
    did

    ED: Any inconsistency you find is good for the IG. Helps them make
    torture tests

    <ed>
    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JanMar/001
    3.html

      [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JanMar/0013.html

Error Handling

    <ChrisL> this was fixed in tiny1.2

    PD: We just noticed that the error processing was clear about
    processing non-svg elements

    DS: You could have an element with a circle nested in it
    ... the element doesn't render by the circle does

    PD: Should that clarification go in?

    DS: We should issue an errata for that one

    ED: Although SVG 1.1 has the halt and show a highly perceivable
    indication of error thing

    DS: This is a validity error
    ... not a well formness error

    CL: If it's well formness it has to halt where you're up to
    ... Tiny 1.2 is more clear about validity errors

    <shepazu> <line x1="30" y1="10" x2="80" y2="10" stroke-width="10"
    stroke="black"/>

    <shepazu> <line x1="30" y1="10" x2="80" y2="10" style="stroke-width:
    10; stroke: black;"/>

    <ed> data:image/svg+xml,<svg
    xmlns="[18]http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"><line x1="30" y1="10" x2="80"
    y2="10" style="stroke-width: 10; stroke: black;"/></svg>

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2000/svg

    ED: This data line will show a 10 pixel stroke
    ... my guess is if we introduce SVG only properties they will have
    quirks

    CL: Try out with 'font-size'

    ED: With font-size it makes a difference

    <ed> data:image/svg+xml,<svg
    xmlns="[19]http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"><line x1="30" y1="10" x2="80"
    y2="10" style="stroke-width: 10; stroke: black;"/><text y="100"
    style="font-size:30px">with px unit</text><text y="200"
    style="font-size:30">no unit</text></svg>

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2000/svg

    CL: From a user perspective it's totally broken

    DS: So what should be the behaviour?

    ED: So in this case Safari seems to render the unit of the same size
    ... Safari and Opera discard the value

    DS: We should talk with CSS about this

    CL: We've started too
    ... if it's CSS, SVG has to use the CSS rules
    ... but if it's SVG we get to say how it works

    DS: We might consider for consistency sake, that our properties need
    units
    ... or getting them to shift

    CL: Well they wont shift
    ... and there are things that don't have units
    ... the idea of SVG is it's scalable

Gradient investigation

    AG: Still needs to be done

css/svg tf

    DS: I think the next thing to do is ask them if they want to do it

    ED: Any other input for areas of coordination
    ... otherwise I'll take an action to send the email we've been
    working on CSS
    ... email the group, cc the chairs and the contacts

    Erik to Send the email about CSS and SVG Task Force to the CSS
    Working Group

    <scribe> ACTION: Erik to Send the email about CSS and SVG Task Force
    to the CSS Working Group [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2713 - Send the email about CSS and SVG
    Task Force to the CSS Working Group [on Erik Dahlström - due
    2010-01-21].

svgwg blog

    DS: The CSS WG has a blog that they put a lot of things on
    ... summary of minutes
    ... I thought it might be good for us to do something like that as
    well
    ... I made a blog of our own to do something similar
    ... we can't have comments enabled on it
    ... because the software is old
    ... and it doesn't have spam filtering
    ... another thing that the CSS WG has is a Twitter account
    ... so I made an SVG WG Twitter account
    ... so Chris, Erik, Cameron, Doug have account name and passwords
    ... if the rest you want to post something that is group related
    ... please let me know

    CL: I just tried testing the working group blog by posting a comment
    ... and it didn't post a comment

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Erik to Send the email about CSS and SVG Task Force to
    the CSS Working Group [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [22]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([23]CVS log)
     $Date: 2010/01/14 21:05:57 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [24]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/show a problem feature/show a highly perceivable indicatio
n of error thing/
Succeeded: s/querks/quirks/
Found Scribe: anthony
Inferring ScribeNick: anthony
Default Present: [Microsoft], Shepazu, [IPcaller], ed, anthony, ChrisL
Present: [Microsoft] Shepazu [IPcaller] ed anthony ChrisL
Agenda: [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Jan/0041.ht
ml
Found Date: 14 Jan 2010
Guessing minutes URL: [26]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: erik

      [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Jan/0041.html
      [26] http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-svg-minutes.html

    End of [27]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 14 January 2010 21:15:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2013 15:54:44 GMT