Re: linking an event event CSS

From: Rick <graham.rick@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:45:56 -0500
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Cc: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> On Feb 23, 2010, at 15:03 , Rick wrote:
> > This may already be possible, but I don't know about it, how about
> binding an event to elements using CSS?
> >
> > For instance, to somehow be able to link, say link onclick, globally to
> <rect class="dragTarget" ...>
> >
> >  .dragTarget { ...; onclick:do_drag(evt); ... }
> >
> > I like it.
>
> No, that's not something that's defined by the spec but you can do it
> anyway with jQuery:
>
>  $(".dragTarget").live("click", do_drag);

Thanks Robin.

I could, probably should, and just decided that I will, add it to my server
side SVG generator code.  It will slip in there nicely.

Maybe I'll take a look at jQuery.

In the meantime, it still seems, to myself at least; like a potentially
powerful construct.  It's really a CSS feature request.  It would be useful
in HTML as well.

--
Cheers!
Rick