Re: Additional Proposed Agenda Items for Today's (Monday's?) SVG TeleCon

From: Helder Magalh„es <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:15:12 +0000
To: Rick <graham.rick@gmail.com>
Cc: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

> I have a use case for this.† I draw rows of lights using very tiny line
> lengths with round linecaps.† I'm having serious issues with different
> browsers, So I've created some test markup that you may find useful.† This
> markup is somewhat engineered to give bad results.† In some behavior, the
> individual browsers are inconsistent in there (as percieved by mayself)
> rendering errors..
[...]
> Summary
> - Firefox, in all cases, does what I expect.
> - Inkscape renders the same as FireFox.
> - Safari does not render the last dot arbitrarily.  An argument could be
> made as to whether or not the last dot should be there, but the way the test
> is set up, it doesn't draw for 0px, does for 0.1px, and does not for 1px, I
> think that the test shows this decision to be inconsistent.

FWIW, Batik (trunk, as of this writing) sits somewhere along Safari,
although it "passes"/"fails" in different circumstances. I'm attaching
a screenshot of the observed behavior (on Windows Vista SP2, using Sun
JDK 1.6.0 Update 17).

> I'm not filing bug reports, there may be disagreement as to my conclusions.
> I ask that the respective group members take care of this.

I'd also vote for this to be clarified so it could then be taken more
systematically (read: "bug reporting/hunting"). ;-)

Regards,
 Helder

Batik-ZeroLengthPathsScreenshot.png
(image/png attachment: Batik-ZeroLengthPathsScreenshot.png)