W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > February 2010

Minutes, Mon 8 Feb 2010, SVG WG

From: Jonathan Watt <jwatt@jwatt.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 21:39:15 +0000
Message-ID: <4B708483.4070108@jwatt.org>
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Hello www-svg,

Minutes are at:

  http://www.w3.org/2010/02/08-svg-minutes.html

and below as text.


                   SVG Working Group Teleconference

08 Feb 2010

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2010/02/08-svg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Shepazu, jwatt, ed, anthony, ChrisL

   Regrets
   Chair
          ed

   Scribe
          Jonathan

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]f2f meetings
         2. [5]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Feb/0008
            .html #3F
         3. [6]SVGSVGElement 'width' and 'height'
         4. [7]ACTION-2676
         5. [8]Proceeding with SVG 2.0
         6. [9]SVG/CSS taskforce
         7. [10]contentStyleType attribute
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 08 February 2010

   scribenick jwatt

   scribe Jonathan

   <scribe> scribenick: jwatt

   <scribe> scribe: Jonathan

f2f meetings

   <ed> [12]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Meetings

     [12] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Meetings

   <ed> preliminary dates: May 24 - 26 and May 31 - June 1

   DS: spread around Libre Graphics Meeting so that the LGM folks can
   attend the last day and provide input

   ED: doesn't look like we'll have a F2F in Q1

   DS: agreed

   JW: so the next F2F will be the LGM one

[13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Feb/0008.html #3F

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Feb/0008.html

SVGSVGElement 'width' and 'height'

   <shepazu> [[

   <shepazu> We're starting to get more concrete about the program of
   LGM. As said, you are more than welcome to use the spaces at
   Pianofabriek for the SVG meeting during LGM (and as artists /
   designers we are more than interested in the conversation too!); it
   would be good to know when you need what kind of space? How many
   people more or less?

   <shepazu> We have several larger and smaller spaces available
   between 27 and 30 May; the actual conference is most likely going to
   take place from 28 to 29 May. Depending on your needs, we might even
   book extra rooms; I just need to know in advance!

   <shepazu> ]]

   DS: it seems that he misunderstood and thinks we wanted to hold the
   F2F during the conference
   ... which isn't what we intended
   ... so I'll write and sort that out with him

   <ed>
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Feb/0021.html

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Feb/0021.html

   ED: so back to SVGSVGElement 'width' and 'height'
   ... I sent the reply pasted just above

   <ed> ACTION-2469?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2469 -- Jonathan Watt to flesh out the intrinsic
   sizing erratum with text backported from 1.2T -- due 2009-02-24 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2469

     [15] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2469

ACTION-2676

   JW: I'll work on getting the intrinsic sizing clarification
   backported to 1.1 2nd ed for monday

   <ed> ED: committed some new wording in svgdom.html, feel free to
   read and comment

   ACTION-2676?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2676 -- Erik Dahlström to fix the 1.1 second
   edition wording for values that are accessed where no attribute was
   provided,
   [16]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/svgdom.html#SVGDOMO
   verview and have it be NaN or 0 with unknown unit depending on the
   type of domobject -- due 2009-10-06 -- OPEN

     [16] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/svgdom.html#SVGDOMOverview

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2676

     [17] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2676

   <ed>
   [18]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/svgdom-over-01-f.s
   vg

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/svgdom-over-01-f.svg

   <ed> [19]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/master/svgdom.html

     [19] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/master/svgdom.html

Proceeding with SVG 2.0

   DS: I put together a few pages
   ... duplicated the 1.2 Tiny directory
   ... this was a little while ago, so I forget how close I got to
   getting it to build
   ... the best thing for me to do is probably to just upload that
   ... I wouldn't mind working from a wiki for certain issues
   ... I think if we start putting things in the including issues and
   things like that, we may only *feel* like we're making progress
   ... we could have a spec convention or something to mark up areas of
   the spec that are in need of review
   ... add that as we make changes that need review

   CL: so put classes on divs etc
   ... we could have classes denoting text from 1.1, a class for text
   from 1.2 Tiny, a class for unreviewed new stuff

   DS: and a class for reviewed stuff

   ED: how far along with the framework are you

   DS: not very
   ... I didn't want to just copy 1.1 text

   <scribe> ACTION: Doug to upload his start on the SVG 2.0 framework
   [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2010/02/08-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2725 - Upload his start on the SVG 2.0
   framework [on Doug Schepers - due 2010-02-15].

   JW: so what I'd like is a feed that gives you wiki style colored
   diffs of changes as they happen to the spec
   ... because looking through CVS changes is a pain, especally when
   you just changed a single word in a long line, etc

   DS: our systems team is really overloaded and not open or even able
   to work on something like that
   ... if we work on that I think we'd just end up hampering our
   efforts
   ... maybe if Mozilla could sponsor that (or even other better spec
   writing tools) then I'd really love that
   ... but right now we just don't have the budget
   ... and whatever was put is place would have to be something that
   the systems team could administer

   JW: I think if we pulled it off it would save time in the long run
   ... but point taken

   ED: when can you have the framework uploaded, Doug?

   DS: Thursday

SVG/CSS taskforce

   DS: so we haven't heard back from the CSS WG formally, but I believe
   they said "yes"
   ... since we can't meet with them in California because of
   scheduling conflicts, I'm going to suggest interested parties join
   in for 30 min or so on this or next Thursday's telcon
   ... next would probably be better
   ... we basically need to start meeting with one another to start
   making progress
   ... or it's going to fade into "that would have been a good idea"
   ... there's almost no overhead to create/dissolve a task force
   ... I can start a charter for it, and we can discuss it further on
   Thursday
   ... just for 30 min or so
   ... get the conversation started

   <scribe> ACTION: Doug to start on a SVG/CSS taskforce charter, and
   invite the CSS WG to a Thursday telcon [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2010/02/08-svg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2726 - Start on a SVG/CSS taskforce
   charter, and invite the CSS WG to a Thursday telcon [on Doug
   Schepers - due 2010-02-15].

   ED: we should look at the testsuite in more detail to make sure
   there are no bugs in it related to the recent emails regarding tests
   to the list

   <ed> (that was about www-svg feedback)

contentStyleType attribute

   [22]http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/styling.html#DefaultStyleSheetLanguag
   e

     [22] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/styling.html#DefaultStyleSheetLanguage

   test is
   [23]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/styling-elem-02-b.
   svg

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/styling-elem-02-b.svg

   DS: XSL?

   CL: no, XSL isn't used inline like that
   ... so it would only be useful for a future styling language that
   would sweep away CSS
   ... so I'd be happy to deprecate it

   <scribe> ACTION: jwatt to come up with text for SVG 1.1 2nd saying
   contentStyleType is deprecated [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2010/02/08-svg-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2727 - Come up with text for SVG 1.1 2nd
   saying contentStyleType is deprecated [on Jonathan Watt - due
   2010-02-15].

   UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: then we can obsolete it in 2.0

   RRSAgent: publish minutes

   RRSAgent: end telcon

   <shepazu> trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Doug to start on a SVG/CSS taskforce charter, and
   invite the CSS WG to a Thursday telcon [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2010/02/08-svg-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Doug to upload his start on the SVG 2.0 framework
   [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2010/02/08-svg-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: jwatt to come up with text for SVG 1.1 2nd saying
   contentStyleType is deprecated [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2010/02/08-svg-minutes.html#action03]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version 1.135
    ([29]CVS log)
    $Date: 2010/02/08 21:28:30 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [30]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: jwatt
Found Scribe: Jonathan
Default Present: Shepazu, jwatt, ed, anthony, ChrisL
Present: Shepazu jwatt ed anthony ChrisL
Found Date: 08 Feb 2010
Guessing minutes URL: [31]http://www.w3.org/2010/02/08-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: doug jwatt

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2010/02/08-svg-minutes.html

   End of [32]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Monday, 8 February 2010 21:39:48 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2013 15:54:44 GMT