Re: Minutes, SVG WG Telcon, 25 January 2010 [ACTION-2715]

Hi Erik,

Anthony Grasso wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 23:47:02 +0100, Anthony Grasso
> <anthony.grasso@cisra.canon.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Hi Patrik and Erik,
>>
>> Doug Schepers wrote:
>>>  Topic: test suite
>>> patrick_dengler: the SVG test harness has a self-closing <object/>,
>>> which isn't allowed in HTML4/5
>>> ChrisL: we can easily fix that
>>>   ed: just checked the old testsuite harness, it's also using
>>> selfclosing object-tags
>>> action: anthony to update test harness to add closing </object> tag
>>> trackbot: Created ACTION-2715 - Update test harness to add closing
>>> </object> tag [on Anthony Grasso - due 2010-02-01].
>>>

>> I looked around in the generated test harness HTML files in SVG 1.1 Full
>> 2nd Edition and in SVG 1.2 Tiny and I couldn't find where the
>> self-closing <object/> was.
>>
>> Don't suppose you guys could give me an file name and line number of
>> where I should be looking please. I can fix it straight away once I know
>> where it is.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>
> The self-closing object tag seems to have been fixed in the 1.2T harness,
> and in the 1.1 second edition harness. The last publication of the 1.1
> testsuite does use selfclosing object tags, e.g see:
>

> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20061213/htmlObjectHarness/full-color-prof-01-f.html

Ok. When the official release of test suite is made this problem will be fixed.
So the action item to fix this problem can be closed.

> Here are a couple of other things I found when looking at the new 1.1F2
> harness:
>
> "Pass cirteria" typo in the script that generates the harness, see here:
>

> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/harness/htmlObject/animate-dom-01-f.html

Right. Fixed that problem and generated a new version of the harness.

> The operator script text in the HTML page seems to be using the pass
> criteria text instead.
>
> The coords-viewattr-01-b.svg test has been broken and doesn't render the
> way it used to, a bunch of xmlns attributes have incorrectly been added to
> the test, this is the commit:
>

> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/coords-viewattr-01-b.svg.diff?r1=1.1&r2=1.2&f=h

This problem was caused by the XSLT not preserving the entity declarations
correctly. I went back and searched through the archive for any other entities
that were missed due to the conversion to the new template. The tests that were
missing the entity declarations have now been manually fixed. These were:
  - coords-viewattr-01-b.svg
  - coords-viewattr-02-b.svg
  - render-elems-03-t.svg

If there are any other problems let me know.

Cheers,

--

Anthony