From: Bjoern Hoehrmann [mailto:derhoermi@gmx.net]
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 5:10 PM
To: Rik Cabanier
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: Re: base URL of the SVg document

* Rik Cabanier wrote:
>I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I'm seeing issues with loading resources.
>If we have a SVG file that is located in a sub directory and it uses resources such as images, we have different behavior where the images should be located.
>
>In the case of webkit and minefield, the URL of the image resource is based of the URL of the SVG file.
>In ie9 however, it is based of the URL of the HTML file.

Well if you have /1/example.html which refers to /2/example.svg and in /2/example.svg you have a relative reference like "example.png" then that is resolved independently of the address of the HTML document, so unless there are other things to consider, like xml:base attributes, that resolves to /2/example.png.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de