Re: [ISSUE-2335] feConvolveMatrix bias property in SVG 1.1 SE

From: Jasper van de Gronde <th.v.d.gronde@hccnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:51:48 +0100
To: Anthony Grasso <Anthony.Grasso@cisra.canon.com.au>
CC: "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>, W3C SVG Public List <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
On 2010-12-02 06:31, Anthony Grasso wrote:
> So the suggested set of new equations is:
> aR = (aO (*) (kernel/divisor)) + bias
> cR = (cO (*) (kernel/divisor)) + bias*aR
>
> Please let me know if the above is your intended suggestion, particularly if my assumption for aR is correct. I would like to test what the output looks like with the new equations.

This would indeed be my suggestion. I think there is more than one
alternative that could make some sense, but the above is simple, very
close to the original (it just adds the *aR at the end), and makes the
output more useful, in my opinion.

BTW, when you're going to experiment, also try preserving the alpha
channel. (And I think Inkscape still implements the above, so you don't
necessarily have to code anything yourself to try it out.)