RE: How does the svg element handle CSS border and background-color?

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010, Patrick Dengler wrote:

> At the last SVG Face to Face, we were debating how and where to answer
> these questions about SVG embedded in HTML.  I am not sure from your
> answer below whether you intend to visit this in the HTML working group,
> or whether you expect us to define this within the SVG Working Group.
>
> At the very least, at the SVG Face-to-Face, a few vendors agreed to push
> some tests up somewhere so we could make sure we agree on the scenarios
> to start.
>
> Are there areas in the spec that clearly define the expected behavior as
> we move forward with SVG in HTML?  I think that we need to think of it
> beyond foreign content and more like stylable, scriptable, vector
> graphics integrated into web pages.

What isn't defined? I thought we'd resolved all the SVG/CSS integration
points a while back. There's nothing special about HTML here, as far as I
can tell. It's just a DOM, styled with CSS. You'd have the same problems
defining how things interact with just random XML and CSS, no?

If there are specific things that need defining then I'm definitely happy
to help define them. I'm just not aware of anything being left undefined
any more.