[SVG1.1F2 LC] Chapter 7: Unexpected characters in interface definition

From: Helder Magalhães <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 23:22:10 +0100
To: SVG WG <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

I'm aware that the last call commenting period ended about a month ago
[1] but here goes: I was just crawling through the new specification
when I stumbled across unexpected characters in section "7.14.4
Interface SVGTransform" [2], such as "scale(…)", where the
unexpected characters are "…". As there are several occurrences, I'm
guessing that they were probably caused by some issue with the
generation scripts...? Update: I just confirmed the hypothesis and the
issue seems to be triggered by the several ellipsis characters ("…")
present in svg.idl [3]. Opening that file with an UTF-8 text editor
properly displays "scale(…)" (found in line 3078, for example).

Hope this helps,
 Helder

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Jun/0162.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/coords.html#InterfaceSVGTransform