Animation in SVG (was: Interim strategies for no SMIL (and other?) support in IE9)

Hi, Cyril-

Cyril Concolato wrote (on 4/29/10 7:31 AM):

> I guess that many of the differences between
> viewers exist probably because they concern very specific features of
> the spec, maybe sometimes pathological cases. Viewer implementors are
> probably not fixing them because it's not worth the effort. They often
> ask the question of how many users will benefit from this bug fix. From
> this point of view, I'm not sure that the best choice is to incite them
> to test, debug and fix their viewers. Another option could be to
> simplify the spec, deprecate the parts that are not interoperably
> implemented and discourage authors to use them.

Indeed, one of the goals of the FX TF (the new joint CSS-SVG Task Force)
in to define a simple common animation model underlying both CSS
animation and SVG animation, with different syntaxes but the same
functionality at the core.  Obviously, CSS animation will also be able
to apply to SVG.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs