W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > April 2010

Minutes, Mon 26 April 2010 SVG WG meeting

From: Jonathan Watt <jwatt@jwatt.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:28:01 +0100
Message-ID: <4BD5B101.7070400@jwatt.org>
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi www-svg,

The minutes for the Mon 26 April SVG Working Group telcon can be found at:

  http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html

or below as text.

-Jonathan


                   SVG Working Group Teleconference

26 Apr 2010

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010AprJun/0038.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          ed, anthony, ChrisL, JWatt, [Microsoft]

   Regrets
          shepazu

   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          Jonathan Watt

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Approving tests for SVG 1.1 2nd Edition
         2. [6]Finishing 1.1 actions
         3. [7]ISSUE-2321 filter margins
         4. [8]path implementation details
         5. [9]public-fx telcon times
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 26 April 2010

   <scribe> scribe: Jonathan Watt

   <scribe> scribenick: jwatt

   <ChrisL> Agenda:
   [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010AprJun/003
   8.html

     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010AprJun/0038.html

Approving tests for SVG 1.1 2nd Edition

   <ed> [12]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Test_Suite_1.1F2

     [12] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Test_Suite_1.1F2

   ED: the difference between "reviewed" and "accepted" is that I
   thought we should agree on the reviewed ones here

   <ChrisL> I got to styling-css-09-f.svg and then hit a problem

   ED: agree to accept them

   <scribe> ACTION: ED to mark reviewed tests as accepted [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2770 - Mark reviewed tests as accepted [on
   Erik Dahlström - due 2010-05-03].

   CL: I've not been checking tests in Batik

   ED: please help with reviewing the remaining tests
   ... just grab some

   <ChrisL>
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010AprJun/004
   0.html

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010AprJun/0040.html

   CL: the pass criteria is that you don't see red
   ... but in Firefox you get a flash of red
   ... while the content is waiting for restyling
   ... so if it's okay with everyone I'll add the word "go" to the page
   to make it clear when it's ready

   (general agreement)

   <ChrisL> styling-css-08-f.svg

   <ed>
   [15]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/styling-css-08-f.s
   vg

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/styling-css-08-f.svg

   <ChrisL> struct-svg-01-f.svg

   <ChrisL> styling-pres-02-f.svg

   <ChrisL> uses getPresentationAttribute. Can't see a way around it
   though

   CL: I think he has a point regarding styling-pres-02-f.svg , but
   there's no other obvious way to do that test
   ... but I agree we should for now drop it, or mark it not approved

   <ChrisL>
   [16]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/styling-pres-02-f.
   svg

     [16] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/styling-pres-02-f.svg

   ED: I can have a look at an alternative way to test it if you like

   CL: that would be good, I think it's a useful test

   <scribe> ACTION: Eric to rewrite styling-pres-02-f.svg to not use
   getPresentationAttribute [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Eric

   <scribe> ACTION: ED to rewrite styling-pres-02-f.svg to not use
   getPresentationAttribute [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2771 - Rewrite styling-pres-02-f.svg to
   not use getPresentationAttribute [on Erik Dahlström - due
   2010-05-03].

   ED: it should be possible to get the string values in some way

   <ChrisL> styling-pres-01-t.svg

   CL: I'm not sure this is a very good test
   ... I'd suggest removing it

   ED: fine with me

   <scribe> ACTION: CL to remove styling-pres-01-t.svg [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2772 - Remove styling-pres-01-t.svg [on
   Chris Lilley - due 2010-05-03].

   <ChrisL>
   [20]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/styling-pres-01-t.
   svg

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/styling-pres-01-t.svg

   CL: the issue is that 1.1 required the UA to halt, but we weren't
   really considering script setting invalid value and things at that
   time
   ... and we've relaxed things since then
   ... and I don't think it guides implementers in the right direction
   any more

   <ChrisL>
   [21]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/styling-pres-01-t.
   svg

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/styling-pres-01-t.svg

   PD: yeah, okay, let's remove it

   <ed> "An !important declaration within a presentation attribute
   definition is an error."

   <ed> from section 6.4

   <ed> in svg 1.1

   <ChrisL>
   file:///D:/WWW/dev/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/styling.html#UsingPres
   entationAttributes

   <ed>
   [22]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/styling.html#UsingP
   resentationAttributes

     [22]
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/styling.html#UsingPresentationAttributes

   ED: is this something that we could change in 2nd Ed?
   ... what it does is make the attribute invalid

   CL: so that means we would keep the test but change the pass
   criteria?

   ED: yes

   <scribe> ACTION: CL to edit the spec regarding styling-pres-01-t.svg
   [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2773 - Edit the spec regarding
   styling-pres-01-t.svg [on Chris Lilley - due 2010-05-03].

Finishing 1.1 actions

   ED: I sent out an email
   ... please address your outstanding issues, or by the end of the
   week any outstanding actions will be moved to the next edition
   ... anything to do with spec changes that is
   ... actions relating to publishing won't be changed of course
   ... heycam replied to say the javadoc stuff can be done after
   publishing

   <ChrisL> close ACTION-2773

   <trackbot> ACTION-2773 Edit the spec regarding styling-pres-01-t.svg
   closed

ISSUE-2321 filter margins

   ED: do we all agree to remove those margin attributes?
   ... there's push from mozilla, webkit and others
   ... Opera hasn't implemented it either
   ... so I don't mind
   ... trying to come up with something different that works, is
   implementable and doesn't break old content could be tricky

   <scribe> ACTION: ED to remove the filter margin attributes [recorded
   in [24]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action06]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2774 - Remove the filter margin attributes
   [on Erik Dahlström - due 2010-05-03].

   <scribe> ACTION: ED to investigate alternative ways of handling
   subregions for filters [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action07]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2775 - Investigate alternative ways of
   handling subregions for filters [on Erik Dahlström - due
   2010-05-03].

   <ed>
   [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Apr/0119.html

     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Apr/0119.html

path implementation details

   ED: we got a suggestion to add a couple of links
   ... I think it would make it clearer

   CL: I agree

   <scribe> ACTION: ED to add links relating to
   [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Apr/0119.html
   [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action08]

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Apr/0119.html

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2776 - Add links relating to
   [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Apr/0119.html
   [on Erik Dahlström - due 2010-05-03].

     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Apr/0119.html

public-fx telcon times

   ED: please send in your preferred times

   <ed>
   [30]http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=3&mon
   th=5&year=2010&p1=224&p2=240&p3=239&p4=-1

     [30]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=3&month=5&year=2010&p1=224&p2=240&p3=239&p4=-1

   <ChrisL> close ACTION-2772

   <trackbot> ACTION-2772 Remove styling-pres-01-t.svg closed

   <ChrisL> adjourned to work on actions

   trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: CL to edit the spec regarding styling-pres-01-t.svg
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: CL to remove styling-pres-01-t.svg [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: ED to add links relating to
   [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Apr/0119.html
   [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: ED to investigate alternative ways of handling
   subregions for filters [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: ED to mark reviewed tests as accepted [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: ED to remove the filter margin attributes [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: ED to rewrite styling-pres-02-f.svg to not use
   getPresentationAttribute [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Eric to rewrite styling-pres-02-f.svg to not use
   getPresentationAttribute [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html#action02]

     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Apr/0119.html

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [40]scribe.perl version 1.135
    ([41]CVS log)
    $Date: 2010/04/26 15:18:32 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [40] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [42]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

     [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Jonathan Watt
Found ScribeNick: jwatt
Default Present: ed, anthony, ChrisL, JWatt, [Microsoft]
Present: ed anthony ChrisL JWatt [Microsoft]
Regrets: shepazu
Agenda: [43]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010AprJu
n/0038.html

     [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010AprJun/0038.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 26 Apr 2010
Guessing minutes URL: [44]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: cl ed eric

     [44] http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-svg-minutes.html

   End of [45]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [45] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Monday, 26 April 2010 15:28:33 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2013 15:54:44 GMT