fonts-elem-05-t

From: Dirk Schulze <vbs85@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:18:45 +0200
To: "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi,

the test fonts-elem-05-t surprised me a bit. The example tries to show
the difference on various values for horiz-origin-x. But the expected
result looks like no horiz-origin-x is applied at all.

I searched in the mailing list and found following comment to this test
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Mar/0080.html):

"According to the spec the horiz-origin-x coordinate in
the glyph space should be aligned with the current text
position. If the x coordinate of the origin is increased,
I'd expect the glyphs move left in the rendered results as
the origin moves right in the glyph space. I'm assuming two
things: 1) The x coordinate increases to right and 2) the
horiz-origin-x is not added to the coordinates provided in
the glyps."

Sadly no one replied to this comment, but I'd agree to this opinion.

Any thoughts on this?

Greetings,
Dirk