Re: Margins for filters?

Am Montag, den 19.04.2010, 00:11 +1200 schrieb Robert O'Callahan:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Dirk Schulze <vbs85@gmx.de> wrote:
>         > Specifically, I suggest we change the definition of the
>         filter effects
>         > region so that we no longer clip to it. The filter effects
>         region
>         > becomes completely irrelevant and we can remove it. I
>         suggest we
>         > continue to allow filter primitive subregions to clip filter
>         > primitives, but that we make the default filter primitive
>         subregion
>         > (for all filter primitives) be infinite so no clipping is
>         performed.
>         > Remove all mention of "intermediate offscreens".
>
>         So moving a primitive outside of the filterRegion by feOffset,
>         blurring
>         it with feGaussianBlur and moving the effect back would result
>         as the
>         blurred version of the first primitive (without any
>         translation)?
>
> Yes.
If I didn't make a mistake, you should see a green rect on this example
then?

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
<defs>
<filter id="filter">
  <feFlood flood-color="green"/>
  <feOffset dx="110" dy="110"/>
  <feGaussianBlur stdDeviation="5"/>
  <feOffset dx="-110" dy="-110"/>
</filter>
</defs>
<rect width="100" height="100" filter="url(#filter)" />
</svg>

That isn't the case for FF, so your proposal isn't implemented in FF
yet?