Re: Margins for filters?

Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Dirk Schulze <vbs85@gmx.de
> <mailto:vbs85@gmx.de>> wrote:
> I can point you to at least one case where an author created some
> content in Inkscape, which apparently hasn't always applied filter
> region clipping properly, and filed a bug against Firefox because we
> clipped it to the filter region.

Indeed, I think currently Inkscape does it right (most of the time at
least), but since we indeed also have to figure out the right amount of
margin to render the filter correctly (we render in tiles for
interactivity) it's mostly added complexity.

>     Also how would you implement clipping of the filter result. IIRC
>     clipPath gets applied right before the filter.
>

> I'm not sure what the problem is here.

I would suggest grouping and then clipping if the order is the wrong way
around by default.