Re: SVG Compositing

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 21:28:07 +1200
To: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>
Cc: Dirk Schulze <vbs85@gmx.de>, www-svg@w3.org
On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 2:36 AM, Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com> wrote:

> Opera implements what SVG 1.1 said since there was no compositing spec at
> the time (though as Robert notes, there are some bugs).

It's more than just a bug in your implementation. The spec makes computing
the size of the buffer you need for enable-background really, really hard.
You could compute a bounding-box of the content in the element subtree
(ignoring clipping imposed by ancestors), but that could easily be absurdly
large, so you would also want to analyze all filters that are using that
background image to figure out which parts of the buffer might actually be
used.

Rob
53:5-6]