Re: Follow-Up: Elliptical arc minimal syntax

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 04:35:51 +0200, Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
wrote:

> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2010Apr/0031.html
> 1) All browsers except for WebKit parse the elliptical-arc-argument
> production as:
>
> elliptical-arc-argument:
>     nonnegative-number comma-wsp? nonnegative-number comma-wsp?
>         number comma-wsp flag comma-wsp? flag comma-wsp? coordinate-pair
>
> i.e. a comma-wsp? between the two flags and between the sweep-flag and
> the coordinate-pair.

Right, thanks for pointing that out. The gist of what I said in that
telcon was that I believed it to be simple to update the spec grammar to
reflect the intent (for the elliptical arc grammar).

It's now been updated (as part of ACTION-2754), see
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/paths.html#PathDataBNF.

> 2) WebKit also accepts values for 'flag' other than "0" or "1" (and
> interprets anything other than "1" as a "0").  I've looked at the
> code.

No change has been made in the spec for that bit.

> Since Firefox, Opera, Batik and IE9 all support the above, I guess it
> would make sense for WebKit to align with this for interoperability.
> I will raise a bug against WebKit.  Is there a ruling on which spec
> will be updated for this?  Can we get an official word from the SVG WG
> so I can link to it?

The change was committed to the SVG 1.1 second edition spec[1], along with
a new test[2].

Cheers
/Erik

[1] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/paths.html#PathDataBNF