RE: Help w/ Markers

From: Patrick Dengler <patd@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 17:09:16 +0000
To: Robert Longson <longsonr@gmail.com>, "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
Thanks Robert; I missed that point; so let me continue the clarifications :)

1. Do markers have SVGElementInstances?  (No)
2. Does the parent element receive the events? (No)
    { If Yes, do they fire for stroke-only, fill-only, or both? (this one I cannot figure out)
        3. Does the element get the events involving the interatcion with the area covered by the marker? (yes)
        4. If a Marker is not filled, should a hit inside the marker but outside the rectangle count as a hit for anything?
    }

As far as the inheritance happening at the point of instantiation, we think this is the only logical way of doing things, even though we believe the spec says to inherit at the point of origin.  Don't you want the line and its markers to render for example. the hover style?