W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > September 2009

Minutes, 9 September 2009 SVG WG telcon

From: Anthony Grasso <anthony.grasso@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 18:13:35 +1000
Message-ID: <4AA763AF.4040000@cisra.canon.com.au>
To: www-svg@w3.org
http://www.w3.org/2009/09/09-svg-minutes.html

---


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

09 Sep 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://www.w3.org/mid/20090909021345.GA3882@wok.mcc.id.au

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/09/09-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Doug_Schepers, [IPcaller], anthony, heycam, ChrisL

    Regrets
    Chair
           Cameron

    Scribe
           anthony

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Returning to two telcons per week
          2. [6]SVG Open F2F venue, agenda
          3. [7]getIntersectionList and getEnclosureList
          4. [8]XSLT output dispatching load event
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 09 September 2009

    <scribe> Scribe: anthony

Returning to two telcons per week

    AG: I say yes

    CM: ED mentioned we should switch back to two telcons a week
    ... I feel we're busy with other stuff atm

    DS: I've been working on other stuff at the moment
    ... and people have been on vacation
    ... I don't think an extra telcon a week for the next three weeks
    ... will help me much
    ... as I have heaps of stuff to do still

    <ChrisL> +1, reconsider after f2f

    AG: Ok, so maybe we should revisit this after the Open?

    CM: Ok sounds good to me

SVG Open F2F venue, agenda

    [10]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/SVGOpen_F2F_2009

      [10] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/SVGOpen_F2F_2009

    CM: I don't think JW confirmed this in a telcon
    ... was hoping he'd put some concrete details on the wiki page

    DS: It is at Mozilla

    CL: Making those edits now

    AG: So turn up 9am on a Sat out the front

    [11]http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/about/contact.html

      [11] http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/about/contact.html

    AG: Just down the road from where we are staying

    CM: for Agenda I'd like to do a final review of SVG in HTML
    ... I will try to produce a summary of the current status
    ... before the meetings
    ... I told the HTML WG we'd do this at the F2F
    ... and get back to them with any final issues

    AG: I'd like to look at the Canvas stuff that Doug split out

    CL: I'll have been to an XSL meeting
    ... the week before
    ... I'd like to report back on that
    ... bits they are interested in
    ... is the path syntax that we use
    ... to produce shapes to flow their text into
    ... and they want to use our colour management stuff, and thirdly
    webfonts

    CM: Would be good to look at modules
    ... and put some stuff into SVG 2.0

    CL: We can still have errata for 2nd edition
    ... need to decide if we are going to do about the outstanding
    errata
    ... I thought we were shooting to get this done before the Open

    CM: A few issues
    ... and tests
    ... there's still a number of tests to be reviewed
    ... and we have to approve those
    ... and generate a new version of the test suite
    ... As far as the spec goes there's not much else

    AG: Do you think it's feasible to take some time out
    ... to get some of the test stuff done

    CL: It would be good to produce an implementation report for the new
    tests
    ... helps to move to recommendation when we can show that various
    implementations pass those tests

    CM: I think now at this stage not all tests will be passed by all
    implementations

    CL: What we want to show is we haven't done random changes

    CM: So it's not a concern that not all implementations pass the
    tests

    CL: Do we have an idea of how many implementations pass?

    CM: Most were passed by one
    ... If they were simple things then I could code them up - if
    they're not much effort
    ... I think working on the test suite will take the most time
    ... once we have everyone in the room

    <scribe> ACTION: Cameron to Fill in F2F agenda in wiki page with
    topics that we would like to discuss at the meeting [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/09-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2665 - Fill in F2F agenda in wiki page
    with topics that we would like to discuss at the meeting [on Cameron
    McCormack - due 2009-09-16].

    DS: Doug explains Ref tests

getIntersectionList and getEnclosureList

    [13]http://www.w3.org/mid/20090908070015.GG20854@wok.mcc.id.au

      [13] http://www.w3.org/mid/20090908070015.GG20854@wok.mcc.id.au

    CM: Looking into these two methods
    ... and came across an email
    ... and created an issue from it
    ... email was from Thomas
    ... from the test in the description in the methods

    <ChrisL> (anthony, text-tspan-02-b.svg is now reviewed, wiki
    updated)

    CM: the second argument is not clear
    ... the spec says the elements drawn underneath are only applicable
    for the method
    ... or something like that
    ... which is unclear

    <heycam> "If not null, then only return elements whose drawing order
    has them below the given reference element."

    AG: I'd interpret that as painters algorithm
    ... but I could be wrong

    CM: Batik has interpreted that as visually painted underneath
    ... I'm not sure why that would be useful
    ... the other way of interpreting it is the root of the sub tree
    ... my guess is that the intention was to use that element as the
    sub root restriction

    AG: I guess it makes sense if you know roughly where the thing
    you're looking for is

    CM: Does anyone know off hand if these two are implemented in Opera
    ... I know it's not implemented in Webkit or Firefox
    ... I guess we can discuss this later when ED and JW are around

    DS: I think if these aren't widely implemented we should consider
    ... how to make them more user friendly for SVG 2

    CL: Is it because it's worded poorly, or is it because it doesn't
    seem useful
    ... we need to find out why
    ... it would be good to find out what the reason was why it wasn't
    implemented

    DS: If it's not implemented it also gives us an opportunity to
    figure out if this is what people want to do
    ... we could see if there's a better way of doing something

XSLT output dispatching load event

    [14]https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=386856#c6

      [14] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=386856#c6

    CM: Perhaps we can use the DOM content loaded event
    ... that gets fired when all of the markup is present
    ... once everything is run
    ... and the last tag is parsed

    DL: It started in Firefox

    CM: I think other browsers have implemented that as well

    AG: So you're thinking if we had that
    ... then XSLT could be dispatched after that event is fired

    CM: Yeah, whether the XSLT is created as it is serialised or after
    everything is loaded
    ... as long as they look the same
    ... I looked HTML 5 spec and this issue is pretty much unspecified

    CL: they say either way is fine
    ... We're not going to get much luck in getting in there
    ... it needs to be in neither spec actually
    ... my preference is the content author doesn't care which way it's
    done

    CM: Normally when you run the document scripts are run as you parse
    ... then you have the problem if the scripts are run after
    everything is parsed
    ... I wrote a test and it seems I was testing slightly the wrong
    thing
    ... but the load event gets dispatched to the window object
    ... for the XSLT output
    ... with a load event being dispatched to the window object with
    HTML
    ... SVG we don't really have that
    ... it's dispatched to the element
    ... so that's where our problems come in

    <scribe> ACTION: Cameron to Email the HTML WG about XSLT generated
    events and when they should fire [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/09-svg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2666 - Email the HTML WG about XSLT
    generated events and when they should fire [on Cameron McCormack -
    due 2009-09-16].

    <heycam> ACTION-2666: make an issue for it too

    <trackbot> ACTION-2666 Email the HTML WG about XSLT generated events
    and when they should fire notes added

    <heycam> ACTION: cameron to ferret in batik code to look for linear
    rgb -> srgb conversion [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/09-svg-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2667 - Ferret in batik code to look for
    linear rgb -> srgb conversion [on Cameron McCormack - due
    2009-09-16].

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Cameron to Email the HTML WG about XSLT generated
    events and when they should fire [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/09-svg-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: cameron to ferret in batik code to look for linear rgb
    -> srgb conversion [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/09-svg-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Cameron to Fill in F2F agenda in wiki page with topics
    that we would like to discuss at the meeting [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/09-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([21]CVS log)
     $Date: 2009/09/09 08:01:45 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [22]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/shapes/shapes to flow their text into/
Succeeded: s/management stuff/management stuff, and thirdly webfonts/
Found Scribe: anthony
Inferring ScribeNick: anthony
Default Present: Doug_Schepers, [IPcaller], anthony, heycam, ChrisL
Present: Doug_Schepers [IPcaller] anthony heycam ChrisL
Agenda: [23]http://www.w3.org/mid/20090909021345.GA3882@wok.mcc.id.au
Found Date: 09 Sep 2009
Guessing minutes URL: [24]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/09-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: cameron

      [23] http://www.w3.org/mid/20090909021345.GA3882@wok.mcc.id.au
      [24] http://www.w3.org/2009/09/09-svg-minutes.html

    End of [25]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 9 September 2009 08:14:20 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2013 15:54:43 GMT