SVG fonts on the Web

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 00:29:57 +1200
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Assuming browsers support downloadable Truetype/Opentype fonts via CSS
@font-face, and that these fonts can be embedded directly in the document
using data: URLs, in what situations would you want to use SVG fonts on the
Web? Has anyone got any real use-cases that cannot be suitably addressed by
TTF/OTF?

Rob
53:5-6]