W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > October 2009

Minutes, 29 September 2009 SVG WG F2F - Day 4

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 23:04:26 -0700
To: www-svg@w3.org
Message-ID: <20091001060425.GA27184@wok.mcc.id.au>
Hello www-svg.

Below are the (sparse) minutes from day four of our Mountain View F2F.
Much of the day was spent having discussions with Mozillians from other
WGs and working on specs.

  http://www.w3.org/2009/09/29-svg-minutes.html

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                   SVG Working Group Teleconference

29 Sep 2009

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2009/09/29-svg-irc

Attendees

   Present
   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          shepazu

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Publications
         2. [5]MIME Type registration
         3. [6]bikeshed about aspect ratio with CSS WG
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <trackbot> Date: 29 September 2009

Publications

   <scribe> scribenick: shepazu

   DS: I'd like to propose that we publish the FPWD of SVG Integration
   ... it's still rough, but it has information that would be useful
   for our discussions with the HTML WG

   Resolution: We will request publication for SVG Integration as FPWD

   <ChrisL> also, we previously resolved to publish svg color as fpwd
   but then I found some errors and needed to fix the marup, so I'd
   like another, more recent resolution on that one too, please

   Resolution: We will request publication for SVG Integration as FPWD
   ... We will publish SVG Color as a FPWD
   ... Pending a few final edits, we will request publication of SVG1.1
   2nd Ed as a PER
   ... We will request publication for Filters module as an updated WD

MIME Type registration

   CL: since I notice that the PER process requires that MIME
   registration be in process, I'd like to add an updated MIME
   registration appendix to SVG1.1

   <ChrisL> [8]http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/mimereg.html

      [8] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/mimereg.html

   <ChrisL> draft-murata-kohn-lilley-xml-03.txt

   <ChrisL>
   [9]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/son-of-3023/draft-murata-kohn-lilley-xm
   l-03.html

      [9] http://www.w3.org/2006/02/son-of-3023/draft-murata-kohn-lilley-xml-03.html

   CL: this would be the same as the one from SVGT1.2, except that it
   would add an option charset parameter for in accordance with the
   upcoming RFC3023bis
   ... previously in RFC3023, the charset parameter was strongly
   recommended, but because parsers are not tightly coupled with HTTP
   this was effectively ignored, especially since it was allowed to be
   different than the document's XML encoding declaration
   ... so RFC3023bis says that if the charset is provided, it must be
   the same as the document's
   ... in parallel to SVG1.1 PER being published, I can request
   registration from IETF-Types

   DS: what's the process for RFC3023bis

   CL: it just needs a 2-week review period, then we can request
   publication as an RFC

   <scribe> ACTION: ChrisL to update SVG1.1 SE with the MIME type
   registration appendix [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/29-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2677 - Update SVG1.1 SE with the MIME type
   registration appendix [on Chris Lilley - due 2009-10-06].

   <ChrisL> close ACTION-2677

   <trackbot> ACTION-2677 Update SVG1.1 SE with the MIME type
   registration appendix closed

   <ChrisL> In the field of optics, transparency is the physical
   property of allowing light to pass through a material. The opposite
   property is opacity. Transparent materials are clear (i.e. they can
   be seen through). Translucent materials allow light to pass through
   them only diffusely (i.e. they cannot be seen through clearly).

   <ed> (work on getting implementation report for 1.1F2)

   <ed> (break for lunch)

bikeshed about aspect ratio with CSS WG

   (about a half an hour's "discussion")

   DS: gah!!!!

   Resolution: we propose changing image-fit and image-position to
   fit-aspect-ratio and fit-position

   CM: or fit-resize

   AG: or fit-area

   <ed> (DS writing mail to CSSWG list)

   <ed> (discussion on css3-images and fallbacks)

   <ed> (discussion on html5/svg parsing and prefixes)

   (discussion with Jonas about cdata parsing)

   <ed> (discussion on evt vs event in onfoo attributes)

   <heycam> text-dom-02-f, types-dom-02-f, types-dom-05-b,

   <heycam> styling-pres-02-f, painting-stroke-10-t

   <ChrisL>
   [11]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Errata_in_SVG_1.1_Second_
   Edition

     [11] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Errata_in_SVG_1.1_Second_Edition

   masking-path-09-b.svg

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: ChrisL to update SVG1.1 SE with the MIME type
   registration appendix [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/29-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________

-- 
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/
Received on Thursday, 1 October 2009 06:05:07 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2013 15:54:43 GMT