Re: [Vector Effects] Minor correction suggestions for the currently available drafts

From: Helder Magalh„es <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:29:36 +0000
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: SVG WG <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi Doug,

> Supplying a CVS patch is clever, but that's not
> really how we've traditionally take comments...

I'd say CVS patches are much more appropriate for this sort of
feedback (typos, whitespace and markup issues) than providing a long
message full of snippets (as I recall doing during the SVG 1.2 Tiny
LC). It would be great this was formally made a way to provide
feedback, specially when no relevant text changes are involved; I do
agree that, whenever significant prose changes are involved, providing
text snippets is easier to both evaluate and discuss. :-)

>  I'll leave it up to the
> editor, but I would personally much rather see a simple corrected document
> that could be easily reviewed and copy/pasted if necessary.

Yes, of course the editor has a final word on the subject.

If you (or the editor, naturally) prefer that I attach the changed
HTML files (I'm not sure if that's what you meant in the first place),
of course I'm happy with it too: it just gets a little harder to tell
the differences (downloading + performing a diff vs. directly taking a
look at the patch), but the procedures are more or less equivalent.

Regards,
 Helder