Re: Again with the getIntersectionList()

On 11/13/09 3:49 AM, Doug Schepers wrote:
> A) SVGRect1 {x:20, y:20, width:0, height:0}
> getIntersectionList( SVGRect1 );
>
> This is essentially a point that will return everything that intersects
> that point, regardless of document order

I would have actually expected this to return nothing, since all
intersections are empty (zero area)...

If that's not what's intended, the spec needs to be _very_ clear on
this, and then all sorts of interesting issues are raised.  For example,
does a rectangle with x=0,y=0,width=5,height=5 intersect a rectangle
with x=5,y=5,width=5,height=5?  I posit the intuitive answer that most
people would want is "no".  How is this different from the case above?

For what it's worth, in Gecko rectangles in the css renderer are
effectively considered closed on top and left and open on bottom and
right; so a rectangle with x=0,y=0,width=5,height=5 is described by the
inequalities: 0 <= x < 5, 0 <= y < 5.  Hence the two rectangles I
describe above do not in fact intersect, and any rectangle with width=0
or height=0 is the empty set.

I'm not sure what Gecko's svg implementation does in this regard, though
I suspect it's similar.

-Boris