Re: Pointer-events Suggestion

From: Ryan Maw <RMaw@Forge-Industrial.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 18:29:54 -0800
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
>You should be able to attach an event handler on both rectangles and
>both will receive the event.

>That is standard DOM event bubbling behaviour.

>If you're not getting events on both rectangles, then it's
>likely the user agent you're using is buggy.

>Cheers,
>Alex

Thanks for the tip, Alex. This would certainly work in some cases but,
unless I'm missing something, I believe it's only when one rectangle is
a DOM child/descendant of the other, right? My rectangles are DOM
understand it, the bubbling event only moves along the DOM via
parent/child relationships on it's way to it's target. My other
rectangle isn't in the path of event travel so it never would never
receive the event.

Ryan