Re: SVG in text/html

From: Steve Schafer <steve@fenestra.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:23:08 -0400
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:50:12 +0300, you wrote:

>The SVG in text/html stuff involves no syntactic changes to SVG in
>application/xhtml+xml.

That's a bit like saying that if I build a browser that only accepts
XHTML, I don't have to worry about any HTML that isn't also well-formed
XML. While strictly true, it is of no practical value, because what will
actually happen is that no one will use my browser.

The least common denominator invariably becomes the de facto standard.

Steve Schafer
Fenestra Technologies Corp.
http://www.fenestra.com/