Re: SVG in text/html

From: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:46:38 -0500
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, Dana Lee Ling <dleeling@comfsm.fm>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
I do have two other questions, I may have missed these answers so
apologies up-front:

1) What (if any) SVG specification will the HTML5 spec point to?  I'm
assuming SVGF 1.1 for some obvious reasons.

2) Does there need to be relevant text in the HTML5 spec that covers
what DOM interfaces foreign content nodes should or must have?  I
believe at least one chair thinks it needs to be clarified [1].  I'm
assuming that cooperating browsers will extend the SVGElement (and
more specific) interfaces to all SVG-in-HTML elements.

Thanks,
Jeff

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jul/0307.html