Re: SVG in text/html

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:03:02 +0100
Cc: schepers@w3.org, public-html@w3.org, rubys@intertwingly.net, www-svg@w3.org
To: T.V Raman <raman@google.com>
On Mar 26, 2009, at 18:50 , T.V Raman wrote:
> to echo what you say, I believe the error-correction proposal as
> suggested has all the drawbacks of tag minimization from SGML in
> the late 80's and 90's.
> That is what made SGML  a language that required "experts"  for
> effective deployment.

As things stand today people consider that the ability to use XML
correctly is expert-level. Don't ask me why, I think it's trivial, but
that's the way it is. You can charge pretty good prices as a
consultancy just knowing how namespaces work; I should know, I do XML
consulting. I don't think that allowing people to use a syntax they
already know is going to make that any worse.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/