Re: Element Whitelisting

Hi, James-

James Graham wrote (on 3/24/09 10:37 AM):
> Henri Sivonen wrote:
>>
>> If we want the list to be more malleable than the rest of the
>> algorithm definition document, the algorithm spec should have a link
>> to a URI which will dereference to the latest list at any given point
>> in time. A great bonus would be if the document at the URI came with
>> revision history.
>
> That sounds acceptable to me from the point of view of implementing this
> in html5lib. (For comparison, it would not be acceptable if I was
> expected to reconstruct the list myself from some version of the SVG spec).

Just curious... given that SVG already has those lists as Appendices, as
I mentioned to Henri, is that still a burden?  It's trivial for the SVG
WG to maintain such a definitive list, and we're willing to do so, but
I'm wondering about the nature of your concern.

Actually, I think it would be advisable for all W3C specs to maintain
such a list.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs