Re: Element Whitelisting

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 05:58:21 +0100, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

>> > Woah, how are we supposed to reason about what the parser requires if
>> > we don't actually list the tags explicitly? It seems dangerous to not
>> > make the list explicit. I'd be far more concerned about us
>> > accidentally introducing tags that we didn't intend to introduce if we
>> > didn't have to make sure we kept a list up to date.
>> >
>> > This also moves the burden of listing the tag names from us to the
>> > implementors, which would inevitably be a source of bugs.
>>
>> Who said it shouldn't be an explicit list?
>
> Isn't that the proposal?

There is a part that gives the UA the option of doing case fixups for elements in future SVG specifications, that list isn't explicit.

I agree that providing links to the Element and Attribute appendices is a useful addition, and I've updated the proposal accordingly[1].

Do note that the SVG 1.1 attribute table has an errata item[2] associated with it.

Cheers
/Erik

[1] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/proposals/svg-html/html5-mod.html
[2] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#attribute-index