Re: SVG Revision of HTML5 Proposal (ACTION-117)

From: Rob Sayre <rsayre@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 23:31:45 -0400
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-html@w3.org, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
On 3/23/09 11:13 PM, Doug Schepers wrote:

> The SVG WG has provided such reasoning at length, in our email
> discussions, in the Requirements section of our proposal [1],

I'm not sure what to make of a proposal that contains requirements. That
sounds like an order. The HTML WG does not have to accept requirements
from the SVG WG, just as the SVG WG does not have to accept requirements
from the HTML WG.

Accepting that mutual independence should quickly motivate everyone to
stop negotiating and start collaborating. Actually, it only needs to
motivate some people, since Ian and others are not negotiating, but
rather focusing on concrete technical problems rather than policy
ratholes and absurd scope creep into browser UI.

- Rob