Re: How to display a SVG with Chinese text element on mobile phone?

On Mar 16, 2009, at 10:31 , wangkaiyu wrote:
> I use WTK2.5.2,there is a demo which name is SVGDemo,I start SVG
> Browser MIDlets in this demo and open a SVG file test.svg,it's path
> is file:///root1/test.svg ,test.svg's code:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
> <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1 Tiny//EN" "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11-tiny.dtd
> ">
> <svg viewbox="0 0 50 25" width="150.0" height="75.0">
>     <text x="30" y="40" fill="#00007E" stroke="black"
>         stroke-width=".33" >测试 testtest</text>
> </svg>
> and then ,we can see testtest,but 测试(测试 is Chinese) can't
> display normally.I think JSR226 maybe not support Chinese,and who
> can tell me the way display a SVG with Chinese test element on
> mobile phone?thanks.

Is the file in the correct encoding? If it's not then the Chinese
characters are likely to show up wrong (you don't say what the
rendering is, is it weird meaningless characters or is it a series of
little boxes or blocks?)

Otherwise it could be an issue with your phone not having the right
fonts to display Chinese. You might want to try adding an SVG font for
Chinese characters.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/