W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > June 2009

Minutes, June 24 2009 SVG WG telcon

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 03:17:40 -0400
Message-ID: <4A41D314.20209@w3.org>
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi, SVG World-

The minutes for the SVG WG telcon of June 24 2009 can be found here:
   http://www.w3.org/2009/06/24-svg-minutes.html

Or as text below:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

24 Jun 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009AprJun/0234.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/24-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           anthony, Shepazu, ed

    Regrets
    Chair
           Eric

    Scribe
           shepazu

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Test suite generation
          2. [6]Agenda
          3. [7]Params
          4. [8]SVG-in-HTML
          5. [9]summer plans
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 24 June 2009

    <scribe> scribenick: shepazu

Test suite generation

    ed: what the status?

    anthony: I've looked through it, and it looks good
    ... I've noticed some tests with problems, including one with
    invalid syntax
    ... we need to manually fix those
    ... I'm currently going through the output log, looking for
    problems, but most tests seem to be correctly transformed
    ... when I'm happy with that, I'd like to commit them back to the
    repo
    ... do we want to review them first?

    shepazu: no

    ed: I think they'll probably be fine, and we can review them after

    anthony: good progress, should be done shortly

    ed: timeline?

    anthony: next week
    ... I'm adding in some smart functionality, too, to automate some
    new features

Agenda

    shepazu: we might generate more comments for discussion if we
    include www-svg in the agenda email

    ed: that might be the case
    ... we already do pick up a lot of emails from the list
    ... we do have a large backlog of things we need to deal with
    ... we already need to put emails sent to the list into the issue
    tracker
    ... not sure it would be good to have people trying to push things
    onto the agenda

    shepazu: I didn't mean that other people could add stuff to our
    agenda, but could comment on what's already on the agenda
    ... it would be a good way for them to see that their issues are up
    for discussion

    ed: ok, we could email the WG list, and BCC www-svg
    ... that would be fine with me
    ... maybe we should wait for more WG feedback, since chris, cameron,
    and jwatt aren't here

Params

    ed: I saw that params has a lot of comments this last week
    ... how are you dealing with this?
    ... have you raised issues?
    ... do you need help?

    shepazu: rather than put the comments into Tracker manually, I
    decided to modify Tracker so we could import emails as issues

    ed: sounds like a good plan
    ... if it can be done fairly soon

    shepazu: I sent a message to the list about that, to manage
    expectations
    ... I don't think it should take me that long

    ed: what's the timeline for next pub?

    shepazu: no idea, depends on feedback, hopefully soon

    ed: where do you want my comments to go?

    shepazu: www-svg should be fine

SVG-in-HTML

    ed: I saw some talk on #html, wondered if there was any follow-up
    from Sam Ruby about required formats

    shepazu: I haven't seen anything

    ed: I'll look through the logs

    [11]http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/06/24/openvg-support-in-qt-
    46/

      [11] 
http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/06/24/openvg-support-in-qt-46/

summer plans

    ed: it would be useful to know people's vacation plans for our
    scheduling

    anthony: my winter plans are to visit family in the last week of
    July... might still dial in

    <anthony> just looked it up 27th July to 3rd August

    ed: I will be gone from 117 July for 3 weeks, will not be able to
    call in 2 of the weeks

    shepazu: no vacation plans for me
    ... should send something to list

    ed: I wonder if we should go down to 1 telcon/week over the summer

    <scribe> ACTION: ed to propose reducing number of weekly telcons
    [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/24-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2627 - Propose reducing number of weekly
    telcons [on Erik Dahlström - due 2009-07-01].

    trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: ed to propose reducing number of weekly telcons
    [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/24-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 24 June 2009 07:17:52 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2013 15:54:42 GMT