Embedding dynamic JSVGCanvas in SWT

From: Luke Segars <asegars@clemson.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:57:32 -0700
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hello all!

I need to embed a JSVGCanvas inside of an application that's using SWT.
I've seen a couple ideas for how to do this around the net
(here<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/804660/example-code-for-embedding-svg-canvas-in-swt-project>and
here<http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.ohf/plugins/org.eclipse.ohf.h3et.mif.ui/src/org/eclipse/ohf/h3et/mif/ui/viewers/MIFCanvas.java?revision=1.3&root=Technology_Project>),
but none of them seem to support an SVG canvas that can be (easily and with
decent performance) manipulated with mouse / keyboard events.  The canvas
also needs to be able to re-render itself as these events occur (dragging
shapes, for example), so exporting to a static image format is not a
preferred workaround...

Is there an easily solution to this problem?  I need to use SWT for the
remainder of the GUI development so its not possible to change that part of
the puzzle.

Thanks in advance,
Luke