Re: Forcing browsers to render SVG in text/html context

Hi,

On Jul 23, 2009, at 00:18 , Helder Magalhães wrote:
> Regarding the implementation, I've noticed that the approach seems to
> use cloneNode: I recall Holger Will presenting a similar, XSLT-based
> approach a while ago [2] (see "Handle Internet Explorer").

Yes, that's a way of getting XHTML to work in IE — basically the other
way around (and still using the wrong media type unfortunately). I was
more interested in looking at how things could work in HTML5.

> Also, in
> the documentation it's stated that "In Internet Explorer it should do
> basically nothing." [3]: I'm getting an error in IE8 [4] (on Windows
> XP SP3)

Hmmm, thanks, I'll fix that. I just gave it a quick spin in IE7 and it
didn't complain so I didn't look further.

> P.S.: Is 2017 [7] your lucky number? ;-)

No, it's just a random terminator :)

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/