Re: [svg-developers] Re: Forcing browsers to render SVG in text/html context

From: Helder Magalh„es <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:26:13 +0100
To: Bradley Neuberg <bradneuberg@gmail.com>
Cc: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, www-svg WG <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi Bradley,

>> Perhaps using the IE-way of doing DOM
>> parsing [5], combined with the (proprietary) import [6] statement,
>> then IE+ASV could be supported also... But who cares? ;-D
>
> The SVG Web project I'm working on with others can hopefully provide
> an alternative to the Adobe ASV plugin:
> http://code.google.com/p/svgweb

Yes, I'm aware of it and hope to start doing more serious experiments
(experimenting integration) when time permits. :-)

Nevertheless, I still find the <script type="image/svg+xml"> [1]
approach sounds a bit of a hack and hope to investigate further in
order to understand if it's possible to use more standards markup.
Also, I'm about to file a couple of small issues I've noticed in a set
of quick experiments. ;-)

Good luck,
 Helder

[1] http://codinginparadise.org/projects/svgweb/samples/javascript-samples/svg_inline.html