Re: animate-elem-82-t query

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:57:26 +0100, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> I noted already several times, that this test contains several errors
> and a lot of description and behaviour, not fitting together.
>
> Not only the scale animation is problematic, the rotate with
> changed rotate center is wrong too, and the test for translation
> is almost insensitive to the implemented distance function,
> therefore almost useless.
>
> A long time ago I provided an improved version for this.

Just for reference, I think that's here[4] (apologies for the w3c-member-only link).

> Unfortunately this was not updated yet (the formula for
> scaling and rotation for paced was fixed in later drafts
> of SVGT 1.2 too, compared to earlier drafts).
> Maybe it is an even better idea to split up this test in two
> documents, one for linear and one for paced and added
> samples for skewing too.
>
> There is still a lot to do to fix this and some other tests
> in the test suite ...

I have ACTION-2411 [1] to review the test against the 1.2T REC, and in the mean time I've marked the test as being an unapproved draft[2][3].

Cheers
/Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2411
[2] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/animate-elem-82-t.svg