Re: SVG Fonts integrated into other technologies

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 01:22:10 +1300
To: "Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com>
Cc: "SVG WG" <www-svg@w3.org>
The news here is simple and good.

* Browsers should support CSS Web fonts (@font-face) with TTF files. Trunk
Webkit, Gecko and (I believe) Opera support this.

* Browsers should support CSS Web fonts with files containing SVG fonts.
Opera supports this, and I think Webkit too. Supporting SVG fonts in Gecko
is a high priority for us and supporting it via @font-face is part of that.
This will let you use SVG fonts for HTML without any new specification
required.

Rob
53:5-6]