Re: Apparent bug in SVG DTD

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:14:16 +0100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org, chris@w3.org
To: Peter Murray-Rust <pm286@cam.ac.uk>

On Jan 3, 2009, at 15:53 , Peter Murray-Rust wrote:
> Perhaps it is possible to put a flag on the DTD to say it's out-of-
> date (I appreciate it's important for historical reasons to archive
> it).

I've been thinking about this but I'm unsure as to what would work.
Adding that information in the comments might be useful but will not
help in the case of software that uses a source from almost a decade
ago. There may be a smart HTTP trick to flag this without disturbing
what currently works but I can't think of one that would actually have
any impact. Maybe there is a need for W3C to provide a "latest" link
for resources such as schemata in the same way that they do for specs.

> I practice I have written a stream filter that strips the prolog
> from these incorrect files.

That's probably the easiest fix :)

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/